Monday, January 9, 2012

Serpent's Kiss


From The Back

In the latest Novel of the Elder Races, a Queen on the brink of sanity has no one to rely on except the Wyr warrior whose conviction is every bit as strong as his passion…



In order to save his friend's life, Wyr sentinel Rune Ainissesthai made a bargain with Vampyre Queen Carling—without knowing what she would ask from him in return. But when Rune attempts to make good on his debt, he finds a woman on the edge.



Recently, Carling's Power has become erratic, forcing her followers to flee in fear. Despite the danger, Rune is drawn to the ailing Queen and decides to help her find a cure for the serpent's kiss—the vampyric disease that's killing her.



With their desire for each other escalating just as quickly as Carling's instability spirals out of control, the sentinel and the Queen will have to rely on each other if they have any hope of surviving the serpent's kiss…





My Thoughts/ Re-Cap

Wow! Just WOW!  Serpent’s Kiss is the third book in the Wyr Series, and I have been hooked since Book 1.

In this book we are following Carling and Rune as they find their way out of the darkness that has overtook Carling.
Carling is a Vampyre Queen, one of the oldest if not the actual oldest of her kind. She has slowly been getting sicker. She has spent her entire eternity searching for a cure for Vampyrism. Alas, she has not been able to find one and faces madness with every day she is still among the undead.
Enter Rune, very powerful Wyr, and First to Dragos (we met him in Book1). He has promised Carling a favor and she has yet to name it. Then he gets the call and finds himself traveling across the country to come to the beck and call of Carling.
These two have many trials to get through and many things to face. Will they survive their attraction to each other, or will the fates step in?

Okay, I fell in love with Carling’s character. She is a tough take no prisoners kind of woman and I really like that  in a main character. Rune is a take charge guy and the two are constantly butting heads. I found myself chuckling at parts during this book and crying at others. I love how Thea managed to convey a sick person who is still strong and has courage. We need more main characters like Carling and Rune. They are the ultimate couple. They really remind me of my husband and myself. Both head strong, courageous, and even temperamental. If we had a doppelgänger couple it would be Rune and carling.
I loved the little twists to the story that were added ion and I found myself biting my nails at time.

I can’t wait to see what Thea  has in mind for the next book.

You can find Thea Harrison’s website and list of books HERE
 
BUY Serpent’s Kiss HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment