Saturday, November 26, 2011





 DOUBLE CLUTCH-Liz Reinhardt



Title: Double Clutch
Author: Liz Reinhardt
Series: Brenna Blixen, #1
Source: Review copy (author)
Read: November 18-20th
First Published: 2011
Publisher: Self-published
Pages: 317
ISBN-10: 1466254440
ISBN-13: 978-1466254442

BUY IT HERE
Amazon              Barnes & Noble
                                   

What happens when you fall for the perfect guy...twice...in one day?
Brenna Blixen spent her freshman year homeschooling in Denmark; now that she's back in the States, she's determined to make her sophomore year unforgettable. And by unforgettable, she imagined awesome classes, fun friendships, and maybe a little romance. What she got was a whole lot of romance, and all at once. The same day that dark, brooding Saxon Maclean charmed her with his killer good looks and whip-smart wit, Jake Kelly stole her breath away with his heart-wrenching smile and intelligent, thoughtful focus. But Saxon is a proud player who makes it clear that he doesn't know why he can't get Brenna off of his mind and out of his system, and Jake's sweet and humble attitude hides a secret past life that might be darker and more complex than Brenna is willing to deal with. Complicating the matter is the fact that Saxon and Jake were once best friends and are now arch-enemies...and the more Brenna finds out about their connection to each other, the more intrigued and worried she becomes.Between keeping the peace with her lovingly over-protective parents, designing t-shirts for her high school's rising punk band, keeping up her grades in classes split between academic and technical high school, and running the track like a maniac, Brenna has enough to worry about with out juggling two guys who make her heart thud and drive her crazy all at once.

She has to make a choice, but how is she supposed to do that when giving her heart to one of them might mean breaking the other's?

My Review:
I am going to start off by saying that I do not normally go the self pubbed way..However i was delightfully tickled by this amazing book!
We find ourselves meeting Brenna, a 16 year old girl just home from Denmark. She has decided to go through a program called Shre Time..regular high school and tech school(she chose Graphic design). She finds herself torn between two guys, who seem to have more history with eavhother than they let on. Saxon is from her regular school and jake is from the tech school. Saxon is the "bad" boy in this books. I can picture him in all his "bad"glory..leaning against a wall..ohh..sorry I drifted there for a minute(hehehe)  Jake is the guy that is the sweetest out of the two. While he has his own bad boy quirks all around I think he is a sweetheart. you can just tell he has a major thing for Brenna. This book is filled with embracing moments. Times when we can all sit back and think....man, that happened to me. I could really sympathize with brenna. I myself have been pulled in different directions by different guys.(Don't worry I'm married now!) I often found myself wanting to climb into the book and live the life right along side of Brenna.
I am usually  a paranormal girl but I must say this is a great book! It was a nice change from my normal everyday vampires and werewolves! I am so glad that I was asked to be a part of Liz's Double Clutch tour!
 Liz really did an amazing job and I look forward to hearing more about her and reading more books from her in the future!

You can find Liz HERE


I give it 4 Stars!









2 comments:

  1. KC, thank you so much for your kind words! Your review was awesome, and I'm so glad you agreed to be part of our tour ;)! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment Liz. I really did enjoy the book. Actually my BFF and I have this blog together(her name is Candice) hence the KC--lol...Most people have gotten confused, but I try to keep up with it so she gets credit for the reviews she does and I get credit for mine. Anyhow, i really did love your book and hope to be able to read more in the future! xoxo

    ReplyDelete