Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review: Touch The Dark

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1)Touch the Dark by Karen Chance

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Cassie is in for a fight. Both against the vamp who basically stole her life and her destiny. She is a seer, can see ghosts and the future. She escaped the vamp who killed her parents and held her prisoner(though it was a very guilded cage) and now she finds herself on the run from him again. Tony is a mean vamp who has decided if he can't have her then no one will. She turns to the Senate (the governing body of vamps) where she incounters Mircea, Tony's Master. She needs their help to keep away from Tony and kill him if possible. However, they want something from her. Enter the mage Pritkin, he is a Silver Circle mage(they are sorta good) and he outwardly hates her. It seems she is to be the next Pythia(the one person who can alter the timeline and whom no one challanges) Huh...this is crazy...cassie doesn't want it at all....


MY REVIEW:


I though this book was really good. I know there are some out there who say it is too much like The Anita Blake novels, but I have to disagree. While some of the underlying tones are the same overall the series of events and the characters are really nothing like those in the Anita Blake novels. I love how Chance put all these various characters from history into her books. From Kit Marlowe to rasputin. you have one extreme to another when it comes to the characters and I love it. It is a seamless transition between history and present. We get a little background on the characters just enough to know whom they are and then the story is off and running again. I am waiting to see what might become of the relationships Cassie is developing and how her possibly being the next Pythia will eventually turn out. By the end of this book I was biting my nails and frantically searching online to find the next book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment