Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sorcery and The Single Girl--Mindy Klasky



             Format: Kindle Edition
             Publisher: Res Ipsa Press       
             Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
             Series: Jane Madison Book #2









The Blurb:


Jane Madison’s story continues in Sorcery and the Single Girl. Librarian-witch Jane has been “invited” to join the prestigious Washington Coven — a necessary step, if she’s going to hold onto her feline familiar, her beloved arcane books, and her hunky warder, David Montrose. The Coven’s tests become even more challenging when Jane must decide if she can trust her new witchy friend, Haylee. And then there’s that handsome Brit, Graeme Henderson, who is proving himself to be most distracting… Jane is about to be tested in ways she’s never imagined – and, pass or fail, nothing will ever be the same



MY REVIEW



In the second book of this series we find Jane facing even bigger spells, more male crap, best friend issues, and to top it all off she is about to have a showdown with the local coven! She is still witty, smart Jane, but I find in this book she seems even more down on herself. She finds someone who she thinks is the perfect guy. She can be herself with him, and even tell him here secrets. Is it too good to be true though? I mean, remember James????  I loved how this book developed. It grabbed me from the beginning and wouldn’t let me go until I was through. Literally I read it in one sit-down. Jane finds her relationships struggling, her magic is fine, but she is just having a hard time balancing personal life with witchy life, and it is all going to come to a head sooner or later.  I really like David…I mean, why doesn’t Jane just act on the feelings she obviously has for him? Neko is also in this one, up to his usual shenanigans. He cracks me up. I wish I was half as witty and quick on the come backs as he is.

I couldn’t wait to read this book and it sure didn’t disappoint. All the characters from the first book were all there, Along with a few new ones. Which while I am on the subject of new characters-------Do you all remember “those” girls???  Maybe you were one, or you wanted to be one, well they are in this book. At first I wasn’t too keen on the idea of little Jane having to go up against the girls of the coven. Man, was I ever in for a shock. That particular part of the book made me laugh, cry and jump up and down for the little people. ;)

The ending will throw you for a loop and leave you waiting for the next book in the series.  If you enjoyed the first Jane Madison book then this second one will not disappoint.
~K~





No comments:

Post a Comment